What To Expect Before The Funeral
When you lose someone, planning, and organizing the funeral service is one of the first things you need to start with. However, if you have never had to do this before, handling all the nitty-gritty can be quite challenging. At Northwood Funeral Home, our expert team works with each client to ensure they get the best solutions based on their requirements.
Some Things To Keep In Mind
We also feel it’s important for you to have some information about what to expect before a funeral, such as:
- Contact a reputable funeral home in your local area and speak with a funeral director. They will provide you with all the details you require. The experts will tell you which formalities need completing, the paperwork you need to furnish, and the process involved in planning a funeral service.
- The funeral director will provide you guidance through each step of the process; from transportation of the loved one, documentation and all service options.
- If you have chosen the burial option, they will help with details about the burial plots and contact the cemetery on your behalf.
- In case of cremation, they would help with all aspects; selecting a crematorium and guidance on what to do with the creamated remains once cremation has taken place.
Details They Would Require
While these professionals will help with all of the factors mentioned above, you would also have to keep some basic information ready, such as:
- The complete name of the decedent
- The complete address of the decedent
- Their social insurance number
- Their place and date of birth
- The deceased’s parent’s names and places of birth
- Marital status
- Work history
- Recent or favourite photo of the decedent
- Information about the person acting as executor or legal next of kin
These are just some of the things you need to plan for before a funeral takes place. For details about how we can help plan a funeral, please call Northwood Funeral Home. Speak with our knowledgeable and helpful team will provide you with the information you need.